Anique Christine Pegeron, M.A., R.Y.T.
Mindfulness, Meditation, & Yoga Teacher in Ann Arbor
Mindfulness & Emotional Wellness Coach
Director, Mindful World
Anique Pegeron is a certified mindfulness, meditation, and yoga teacher who works to spread the benefits of mindful practices in the Ann Arbor area community. A mindfulness practitioner for over 10 years, she is passionate about sharing its myriad benefits for mental, physical, and emotional well-being. She runs summer camps, group classes, workshops, after-school programs, and individual/group/family mindfulness sessions for all ages.
Anique is part of Grove Emotional Health Collaborative in downtown Ann Arbor, where she coaches individual clients in how to use mindfulness and emotional wellness techniques to manage stress, anxiety, and other life difficulties with peace, balance, and resilience. These sessions not only empower clients with skills to use in their day-to-day life, but they leave them feeling peaceful and relaxed each time. (For more information, click here.) She also offers family sessions, semi-private sessions for siblings or friends, and private groups, and tailors the sessions to individual needs and interests.
Anique also offers mindfulness training for organizations, schools, and corporations. This can be in the form of workshops, lunch-and-learns, professional development sessions, or ongoing mindfulness training programs. Organizations she has worked with include:
- Mitsubishi Motors
- Applied Fitness Solutions
- University of Michigan – School of Education
- University of Michigan – Department of Psychology
- University of Michigan – School of Social Work
- Blavin Scholars Program – UMSSW
- Ann Arbor Open Elementary School
- Emerson Elementary & Middle School
- Skyline High School
- St. Francis after-school program
- Rhonda Walker Foundation
- Corner Health’s Youth Leadership Council
- First Congregational Church of Ann Arbor
- Campus Mindworks – University of Michigan Medical Center
Courses and programs Anique has taught include:
- Introduction to Mindfulness (for adults)
- Mindfulness & Yoga for Teens
- Mindfulness & Yoga for Middle Schoolers
- Super Hero Minds: Mindfulness for Kids
- Mindfulness for Kids
- Soothe & Restore: Yin Restorative Yoga (for adults)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Young Adults (co-facilitated)
- Mindfulness, Movement & Nature Camp (ages 6-10)
- Mindfulness & Adventure Camp (ages 10-14)
- Mindfulness & Yoga Experience (ages 13-18)
Publications that have featured Anique’s work include:
- Crazy Wisdom Journal of Southeast Michigan – Spring 2019
- University of Michigan School of Education Quarterly Magazine – Fall 2018
Anique has extensive training in mindful awareness practices, including mindfulness, meditation, yoga, and breath work. In 2015, she was awarded a 6-month fellowship in somatic (body-based) meditation and breath work. In 2014, she completed the Year-Long Certification program through Mindful Schools, a leading organization in mindfulness education around the world. She is also a certified Kids Yoga Teacher, and many of her programs for children integrate yoga, movement, and games to teach mindfulness in a fun and dynamic way. She received her children’s yoga certification through ChildLight Yoga, and another mindfulness teacher certification through Mindful Life. She is also a certified Nia (mindful movement) instructor, and has recieved training in several other mindfulness curricula and programs, such as Learning to Breathe, Mindful Self-Compassion, and Mindsight. In 2017 she completed a 200-hour yoga teacher certification (RYT), integrating yoga into her work with teens and adults as well.
She completed her master’s in educational studies at the University of Michigan in 2016, with a focus on teaching, learning, and curriculum development, in order to inform and deepen her work in mindfulness education. In 2008, she earned her bachelor’s degree in human development and psychological services from Northwestern University. Before becoming a mindfulness and yoga teacher, she worked as a counselor, language teacher, and program leader for WorldTeach, Save the Children, Orion’s Mind, The Children’s Place Association, and the World Learning Institute.
Anique is very grateful that she gets to do the work that she loves most, and to give back to the community where she grew up.
To schedule a session with Anique, or inquire about her offerings, complete the contact form below: